Thursday, August 8, 2013

Walk With Me

What is my purpose for this life? Why did God even create me? Where do I belong?

God never creates anything without purpose. The stars in the sky, the creatures of the field, and even the living microorganisms that we can't see without a microscope were created ON purpose and WITH purpose. No matter who you are or what your background looks like, every person stands face to face with the question of their purpose.

In Hebrews 11, we see so many great men and women who found their purpose. By faith, Abel offered a more pleasing sacrifice to God than Cain. By faith, Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau. By faith, Sara received strength to conceive a child. By faith, Enoch pleased God (Hebrews 11:5). When my Pastor taught on Enoch, it changed the way I saw my life. The bible doesn’t mention much about Enoch prior to Hebrews 11:5. But we see that Genesis 5:22 says, “Enoch walked with God...” Enoch was known in the Hall of Faith for just walking in God’s presence? As simple as that sounds, I believe it’s the fundamental purpose for our lives--Just to walk with God. 

Oftentimes we become so desperate to find what our purpose, that we try everything out. “Maybe I’m a singer... Or an athlete... Or a preacher.” Unfortunately, when these endeavors don’t work out the way we want, failure becomes a mountain in our lives. What if we sought to please God more than we sought out recognition or validation?

You find your purpose when you’re found in His presence.

Beloved, stop looking for your purpose to fall out of the sky. Your purpose, your destiny, your entire reason for living is to simply please The Lord in your walk. Enoch wasn’t a well-known prophet nor did he write a great portion of the bible. Enoch found that his purpose for life was found in God’s presence. And for that, He pleased God.

Walking with God is simply trusting, relying, and allowing the Lord to lead you. Anxiety is a major indicator that you are not fully walking with God. Those who walk with The Lord are content with who they are, where are they are, and how God is leading them. When you begin to become anxious about your purpose ask yourself, “Have I been truly trusting and relying on God?” If not, “Where did I get off track in allowing Him to lead me in purpose?”

Maybe you’re reading this today and you know that you’ve been trying to make or force “purpose” to work. You’re tired of questioning and are seeking answers. Child of God, run to His presence. It’s in that place where God will begin to extract the gifts inside of you and mold you for your destiny. Don’t worry child, God didn’t forget to make a “plan” for you. The same God that intentionally created the Universe is the same God that created you ON purpose and WITH purpose. 

"Lord, I'm done trying to figure things out on my own. My desire is to simply walk with You, in Your presence, hand-in-hand. Let my walk be pleasing in Your sight. Show me the way, God." 

1 comment: