Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Radical Misfit?

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who takes time of your day to read these posts! May God continuously bless you all mightily!

Some may be curious as to why the title of my blog is “Life of a Radical Misfit.” Well, ever since I could remember, I was never just an ordinary girl. I struggled with the thought of being a “misfit.” Growing up in church, I knew that all children of God were not made to “fit in” with the just anyone. I knew that being a child of God I was cut from a different cloth. I knew all of this, but did not want to accept it. Even though I always had a deep love for Christ, I was ashamed to show it. 

When I was 13 years old, my parents started a church, Rehoboth Kingdom Ministries International. For my brother and I, it was very difficult to adjust to being “pastor’s kids.” As I went into my freshman year of high school, I found myself in one of the darkest places of my life. I certainly did not obey the Word in Psalm 1:1, “Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers…” I did the complete opposite. I sat with the ungodly, talked and walked just like them. I found myself doing things I promised myself and God that I would never do. 

Years quickly go by and it is my senior year of high school. I came to the realization, that I just wasted four years of my life partying. I realized that I did not share Christ with ONE person at my school. Ultimately, I was being someone that I was not and it was evident. So I thrived to make a change. As I made this stand to change, the devil had attacked my family with everything he had. My family had completely hit rock bottom. But for the first time, not only did my parents fight; my brother and I did too. As we probably all know, we do not fight in the flesh but by the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:12) So as we fought together, I got stronger in the Word and grew a deeper relationship with the Lord.

The Lord really knew how to open my eyes. At various youth events, I would see kids completely sold out for Christ. I realized that it is “cool” to be unashamed for the Lord. I didn’t have to hide it anymore. I started to become selfless instead of selfish. During this transformation period, my Pastor preached a sermon entitled, “Radical People.”  I took that message to heart and became RADICAL FOR JESUS. 

Jesus died radically for us, so we have to be radical for Him. At school, on your job, wherever you are, share Christ with someone. Do not become so selfish that all you worry about is YOUR reputation. Do not become so blind that your main concern is how someone would perceive you if you were unashamed for the Gospel. Ask yourself questions like, “Am I truly being radical for Christ? If I say I am, does it show in my actions?” 

It took me years to realize that it is okay to be a “misfit” and that nothing is wrong with being unashamed for the Lord. (Romans 1:16) Now that I have this understanding and have been enlightened, by the grace of God, I am sharing Jesus with everyone. Looking hindsight, I can’t believe how ashamed I was of Christ. I claimed Him to be my Lord and Savior, but my actions didn’t show that. I originally started this blog as a way of healing these regretful wounds and it is titled, “Life of a Radical Misfit” because I want to share my story with the world. As I write, I pray that it touches, heals, encourages, and motivates others as it does for me.

“For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light…” Ephesians 5:8

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm actually one of your instagram followers xP but yeah that's an amazing story! It's amazing how God works through people! I think as time goes on, esspically now, we as Christians are going to need to stand up for Christ more than ever. People are becoming more hostile to Christianity, but at the same time more curious. And knowingthat we're Christians gives them someone to talk to and someone to discuss their questions with. So yeah that's awesome :D God bless you! And if you can, check out my blog too please! It's really similar to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent word lil sis! I'm so proud of you and what Yashua is doing in your life. Keep it going. Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this awesome right here. praise God. keep it up sisterrr

    ReplyDelete